Saturday, November 28, 2009

Blanche AWOL again


My husband didn't believe me when I was telling friends how Blanche flies in my face or zips out the door every time I visit the coop. "How hard can it be to keep a chicken in?" he thought.

Yesterday, he learned otherwise. He literally was kicking at her to keep her inside, yet she prevailed. She has been outside for 1.5 days. I found her nesting in the pine tree above the run, I found her walking along the back of the run, I found her walking along the front of the run. Why not just be inside?

A few neighbor kids have rounded her back up for me. But I give up. I just can't keep her inside anymore. Every day, she looks a little more beat up and haggard, but it's her choice. It's like a homeless person who is happier living on the streets than anywhere else. Sometimes you just have to let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment